The UK FCO warns that a national strike has been called for Thursday, November 21.
There may be significant disruption, especially in Bogotá. Airports may close and major highways may be blocked at short notice.
The FCO advises against all but essential travel to:
• The departments of Arauca, and Guaviare
• The department of Chocó
• The Ariari region of southern Meta; visitors travelling to Caño Cristales should only do so with a reputable tour company travelling by air to and from the town of La Macarena
• The South Pacific, Sanquianga and Telembi regions of Nariño.
• The Western region of Cauca
• Buenaventura in the department of Valle del Cauca
• The Urabá and Bajo Cauca regions of Antioquia
• The region of Southern-Bolívar
• The region of Southern-Córdoba
• The Catatumbo region of Norte de Santander
• Orito, San Migue, Valle del Guamuez, Puerto Caicedo, Puerto Guzmán, Puerto Asis and Puerto Leguizamo in Putumayo.
• Cartagena del Chairá, San Vicente del Caguan, Puerto Rico, El Doncello, Paujil and La Montañita in Caquetá.
• The municipality of Puerto Carreño in Vichada, except the departmental capital itself
• Within 5km of the Venezuelan border and within 5km of the Ecuadorian border, except for the border crossing on the Pan-American highway, at Ipiales.
Travellers should remain vigilant, avoid all demonstrations and monitor local media for the latest information.