Uber South Africa has announced their latest safety and security improvement, IOL reports.
The newest addition is an Incident Response Team (IRT) call-back line for safety-related matters.
Their Incident Response Team (IRT) is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to respond immediately to any reported incidents or accidents globally
How to access the IRT call back line:
• Open the menu of the Uber app, and click 'Help'
• Click 'Trip and fare review'
• Select the trip in question
• Select 'I had a safety-related issue’
• Submit a ticket through the node, including a contact number and short description of the event
• The rider will then receive a call-back within a couple minutes.
Other safety and support features Uber offers include:
• Additional private security response teams in areas such as key Gautrain stations
• Partnerships with multiple security response services that are able to dispatch security and medical services in emergency situations in a reduced time, in an effort to improve the safety of driver-partners who use the Uber app
• A team of former law enforcement professionals who work closely with the police to support any investigation.