Egypt’s visa application system and regulations for South African passport holders have been amended, effective November 4.
The Embassy of the Arab Republic of Egypt, based in Pretoria, posted a notice with new rules and regulations for the visa application process:
- Individual applicants and groups of not more than five people can submit their applications on Mondays and Tuesdays from 09h00 until 11h00 only.
- Travel agencies, courier companies and groups of more than five people can submit applications on Wednesdays and Thursdays, from 09h00 until 11h00 only.
- The Embassy will not be receiving applications on Fridays.
- Upon submission, each applicant will receive a receipt ‘slip’ that clearly illustrates collection number and collection date.
- The original submission receipt must be submitted to the Embassy upon collection. Passports will only be handed to the person who submits the original submission receipt.
- Due to the high frequency of applications and the rigorous process of visa issuing, the Embassy will not be able to deliver passports on earlier dates than the dates mentioned in the submission receipt (minimum of five working days).
- The Embassy will not be able to receive any applications unless all required documents and requirements have been completed (please check our photo gallery section on Facebook).