UK: Gatwick Express services suspended
5 Jul 2018 - by
A signal failure has caused disruption across south London, with people being advised to avoid London Victoria station, according to the BBC.
Gatwick Express services are suspended, while Southern and Thameslink trains have also been affected, with the Thameslink service between Luton and Wimbledon also suspended until further notice.
In the Streatham area there was a total loss of signalling power on three separate supplies.
National Rail has said that the failure at the Streatham Common station mean disruption, cancellations, and delays of up to 60 minutes until the end of the day’s services.
Southern, Thameslink, and Gatwick Express tickets are valid for travel on the following services, via any reasonable route, including:
- Across other Southern, Thameslink and Gatwick Express trains
- South Western Railway between Portsmouth, Southampton, Wimbledon and London Waterloo
- London Underground to and from Wimbledon
- London Overground between Clapham Junction and Watford Junction / West Croydon
- London Northwestern Railway between Watford Junction, London Euston and Milton Keynes Central
- London buses
- Great Western Railway
- Metrobus to and from Gatwick Airport
- Brighton and Hove buses
- Southdown Buses between Oxted and East Grinstead
- Compass Buses in the Tunbridge Wells area.